Terms & Conditions
Article 1 - Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Cooling-off period: the period during which the consumer can exercise their right of withdrawal.
- Consumer: a natural person who is not acting in the course of a profession or business and enters into a distance contract with the trader.
- Day: calendar day.
- Continuing performance contract: a contract for the supply of goods or services, the performance of which is spread over time.
- Durable medium: any instrument which enables the consumer or trader to store information that is personally addressed to them in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the information stored.
- Right of withdrawal: the consumer's right to cancel the distance contract within the cooling-off period.
- Trader: a natural or legal person who offers goods and/or services at a distance to consumers.
- Distance contract: a contract concluded between the trader and the consumer within the framework of an organized system for distance selling of goods or services, without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer.
- Distance communication technique: a means that can be used to conclude a contract without the consumer and trader being physically present in the same place.
- General Terms and Conditions: these General Terms and Conditions of the trader.
Article 2 - Identity of the Trader
Trader: SKH Group, Babe in Shape
Address: Bankierbaan 18, 1315LA Almere
Email Address: email@example.com
Chamber of Commerce (KvK) Number: 75844893
Article 3 - Applicability
These general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by the trader and to every distance contract and orders concluded between the trader and the consumer. Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, it will be indicated before the distance contract is concluded that the general terms and conditions are available for inspection at the trader's premises and will be sent to the consumer free of charge upon request.
Article 4 - The Offer
If an offer has a limited validity or is subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer. The offer is non-binding, and the trader is entitled to change and adapt the offer. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services offered.
Article 5 - The Agreement
The agreement is concluded at the moment of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and compliance with the conditions specified therein. If the agreement is concluded electronically, the trader will immediately confirm the receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the trader, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
Article 6 - Right of Withdrawal
When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to dissolve the agreement without giving any reason within 14 days. This cooling-off period starts on the day after the consumer or a pre-designated representative of the consumer has received the product.
Article 7 - Costs in Case of Withdrawal
If the consumer exercises their right of withdrawal, the cost of returning the products shall be borne by the consumer. If the consumer has paid an amount, the trader will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after withdrawal.
Article 8 - Exclusion of the Right of Withdrawal
The trader can exclude the consumer's right of withdrawal for certain products and services. This exclusion must be clearly stated in the offer or in a timely manner before the conclusion of the contract. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is possible for personalized products, perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, and software, among others.
Article 9 - Price
During the validity period stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased except for price changes due to changes in VAT rates. Prices are inclusive of VAT.
Article 10 - Conformity and Warranty
The trader ensures that the products and/or services comply with the agreement and meet the specified specifications and legal requirements. Any warranties provided do not affect the consumer's statutory rights.
Article 11 - Delivery and Performance
The trader will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products. The place of delivery is the address provided by the consumer. The trader will execute accepted orders promptly, but no later than within 30 days.
Article 12 - Long-Term Transactions: Duration, Termination, and Extension
This article explains the consumer's right to terminate long-term contracts with a notice period and the conditions for extension of such contracts.
Article 13 - Payment
Unless otherwise agreed, the consumer must pay the amounts owed within 7 working days after the start of the cooling-off period. Payment details should be reported accurately to the trader.
Article 14 - Complaints Procedure
This article outlines the procedure for submitting and handling complaints regarding the execution of the agreement.
Article 15 - Disputes
This article states that Dutch law applies to agreements between the trader and the consumer and provides for the exclusive jurisdiction of Dutch courts, even if the consumer resides abroad.